Evergreen To Plant For Hedge Against A Wall.
There are many types of evergreens that can be planted for a hedge against a wall. Some popular options include:
- Boxwood (Buxus sempervirens): A classic choice for hedges, boxwood is known for its dense foliage and slow growth.
- Yew (Taxus baccata): Another traditional hedge plant, yew is a tough and adaptable evergreen that can grow in sun or shade.
- Thuja (Thuja occidentalis): Also known as arborvitae, thuja is a popular hedge plant because of its tall, narrow growth habit and low maintenance needs.
- Holly (Ilex spp.): With its glossy, dark green leaves and bright red berries, holly makes an attractive hedge plant that also provides food and shelter for wildlife.
- Leyland cypress (x Cupressocyparis leylandii): A fast-growing evergreen that can quickly form a dense hedge, Leyland cypress is a popular choice for screens and privacy hedges.
- Juniper (Juniperus spp.): With its prickly needles and unique growth habit, juniper is a hardy and attractive hedge plant that can grow in a variety of conditions.
When selecting evergreens for a hedge against a wall, it’s important to consider factors such as the amount of sunlight the area receives, the soil conditions, and the desired height and width of the hedge. Consult with a local nursery or horticulturist for specific recommendations based on your location and needs.