Leggy Rubber Plant.
How to prune a leggy rubber plant
Here are the steps on how to prune a leggy rubber plant:
- Prepare your tools. You will need a sharp pair of pruning shears, a bucket of water, and some rags.
- Water the plant well. This will help to make the stems more pliable and easier to cut.
- Make your cuts just above a node. A node is a point on the stem where a leaf or branch emerges.
- Remove any dead or diseased branches.
- Apply a thin layer of pruning seal to the cut surfaces. This will help to prevent infection.
- Water the plant again.
Here are some additional tips for pruning a leggy rubber plant:
- Prune in the spring or early summer. This is when the plant is actively growing and will be able to sprout from the cuts.
- Make your cuts clean and sharp. This will help to prevent the plant from becoming infected.
- Do not prune more than one-third of the plant at a time. This can stress the plant and make it more susceptible to disease.
- If you are unsure how to prune your plant, it is best to consult with a professional arborist.