Stopping Slugs Entering Houses
There are several ways to prevent slugs from entering houses:
- Seal cracks and gaps in the foundation and walls to keep slugs out.
- Install door sweeps on all exterior doors to prevent slugs from crawling under them.
- Place copper strips around the perimeter of your house. Slugs will not cross copper because it gives them a small electric shock.
- Use slug bait or slug traps around the perimeter of your house to attract and trap slugs.
- Keep the area around your house clean and free of debris, which can provide shelter for slugs.
- Keep mulch, rocks and other debris away from the foundation of the house as it may attract slugs.
- Keep the surrounding area of your house dry and well lit. Slugs prefer damp and dark places.
- You can also use slug repellents like nematodes, slug-specific pesticides, and slug-specific fertilizers to control the slug population.
For more information on slug control: click here