Plants For Tub In Exposed Position.
When it comes to selecting plants for tubs in exposed positions, it’s important to choose hardy plants that can withstand harsh weather conditions such as strong winds and intense sunlight. Here are some of the best plants to consider:
- Dwarf conifers: Dwarf conifers are excellent choices for tubs in exposed positions because they are hardy, drought-tolerant, and can withstand strong winds. Some popular varieties include junipers, spruces, and pines.
- Grasses: Ornamental grasses such as miscanthus, feather reed grass, and blue fescue are excellent choices for tubs in exposed positions. They are tough and drought-tolerant and can add height, texture, and movement to your display.
- Succulents: Succulents are perfect for tubs in exposed positions because they are low-maintenance, drought-tolerant, and can withstand hot, dry conditions. Some popular varieties include agave, sedum, and echeveria.
- Lavender: Lavender is a hardy, drought-tolerant plant that can thrive in tubs in exposed positions. It produces fragrant flowers and can add a touch of color to your display.
- Hebes: Hebes are evergreen shrubs that can tolerate windy, exposed positions. They produce colorful flowers and come in a range of sizes and shapes, making them a versatile choice for tubs.
Overall, the key to success with tubs in exposed positions is to choose hardy, low-maintenance plants that can thrive in challenging conditions.